Our theme for this year's Africa Hotel Investment Forum (AHIF) has been defined as 'Connecting Tomorrow', supporting the mindset that meaningful connections and collaborations from today are what will drive the future forward tomorrow.
THE PDF PROGRAMME NOW!
The programme for AHIF 2016 has been formulated and will unpick the major challenges and opportunities facing the hospitality industry in Africa.
Programme highlights include:
- Economic outlook for Africa - Lars Christensen, founder and owner of Markets and Money Advisory and a Senior Fellow at London's Adam Smith Institute, shares his insights into the opportunities and risks in the midst of economic turbulence in Africa.
- Developing tourism infrastructure - Dr. Wolfgang Thome, Publisher, ATC News will discuss with Richard Bodin, Chief Commercial Officer, fastjet; John Mirenge, Chief Executive Officer, RwandAir and Wolfgang Neumann, President & CEO, The Rezidor Hotel Group about what lessons can be learnt from other parts of the world and what the global players need to see to drive investment. They will explore the link between aviation development and hotel investment in Africa and discuss common challenges detailing how can the two industries work together to develop a co-ordinated approach to tourism development.
- Marriott's acquisition of Starwood - A one-on-one interview with Arne Sorenson, President & CEO, Marriott International, will share details of the deal and the implications for the hotel industry in Africa.
- Tackling political and security risk - Richard Kiplagat, Chief Operating Officer of Africa Practice describes the most pressing current and future threats and how businesses can safeguard their assets and their people. Col. Silas Udahemuka, Director General, Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority, will follow on with a conversation as to how they are tackling these challenges.
- Money matters: Raising capital - An expert panel will look at overcoming the main challenges in hotel development. They will discuss the current investment environment, given shifts in the economy and debate the options in securing funding for projects asking what is it that the banks, investors and financiers looking for? Panelists include: Mossadeck Bally, Chief Executive Officer, Azalai Hotels Group; Henrik Nordlander, Head of Regional Office, Swedfund International AB and Joram Sengendo, Private Equity Hotel Investments, CDC Group.
Interested in promoting your company?
View the confirmed speakers for AHIF 2016
Support Bench Events in raising money for the gorilla organisation www.gorillas.org by supporting us in the Great Gorilla Run 2016
Download the programme
For further information contact:
Mala Patel, Events Manager
T: +44 20 3318 5800;
E: Mala Patel